Friday, September 7, 2012

Coffee - With and Without

So, I tend to drink coffee, and I tend to drink roughly half a pot a day. I had a large travel coffee mug that could , in fact, hold half a pot of the magical black drink. But that mug soon broke, like all things that I ever have. I found myself in need of a new coffee mug, and had a somewhat smaller, but still medium-sized travel mug. But that, like all of my possessions that don't get broken, was soon lost. So I was without coffee. And I still am. To help you picture how coffee effects me, I made you a comic!

This is me when I am lucky enough to get coffee, or another form of caffeine:


However, there are several different ways that my body will react to not having caffeine.




The Drone: One of the things that happens to me when I don't receive caffeine is what I have come to call "the drone". When I'm droning, I don't really have any idea what's going on in my conscious mind. For example, I'll know that I have to go from class A to class B, and I'll do it, but when I get there, I don't even remember which way I went to get there. Essentially, I have no idea what is going on.

The Snap: When "the snap" comes around, I feel terrible. The snap is unexpected, and I never really know when it's going to happen. All I know, is one second I am sitting perfectly contently:



And at some point during the next moment, something will happen that results in an undying rage that bursts forth from my soul, engulfing all who bear witness in its burning rage. 





But generally how my body reacts to not having caffeine is that I'm exhausted. Not as in sweating and tired, but I am physically drained and don't possess the energy to operate correctly or think straight.







The drone can almost be enjoyable, as the day goes by without any noticeable flaws. The snap only lasts a coupe of seconds. Being completely empty of any form on energy, however, is possibly the most miserable thing ever. I can't focus, like the drone, but when I'm exhausted, I know that I'm supposed to be focused. I just also know that I can't muster the energy to be productive at all. 

At this point, I'm just hoping and praying for a new travel mug that I can take to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment